Startup Hartsville Competition
The 2018 StartUp Hartsville Competition will launch on January 8, 2018. Check back here for more details, and sign up for our newsletter to get updates in your inbox.
The Startup Hartsville competition offers funds and other incentives to help local entrepreneurs establish their own businesses in Hartsville.
Businesses eligible for the competition include ideas for new startups, franchises, re-locations of existing businesses from other communities, as well as established Hartsville businesses looking to significantly expand into additional business concepts.
The competition has been run for three years in a row and we are excited to begin year 4 of the Competition, on January 8, 2018
StartUp Hartsville is an entrepreneurial startup competition for the purpose of generating business growth in Hartsville. At the same time, the competition provides regional entrepreneurs a means to advance their desire to expand or open a new business. Business concepts eligible for the competition include:
- New start-up businesses
- An expansion or relocation of an existing business from another community
- A significant expansion of an existing local business that would branch into an additional business concept
- Innovatively recruit new businesses that will enhance the entrepreneurial mix in downtown Hartsville.
- Highlight available downtown properties and increase downtown occupancy.
- Provide entrepreneurial businesses with financial assistance to launch their concepts.
- Create a positive buzz about downtown Hartsville, SC.
- Create new leases in downtown Hartsville.
- Generate ideas, leads, and other information to aid our efforts of supporting job creation and revenue growth.
Application and Selection Process Overview
- Applicants will fill out a detailed online form describing their business idea.
- Five finalists will be selected to develop and submit a formal business plan.
- Each finalist will pitch their business to a panel of judges.
- The judges will award cash prizes and services to help get the most promising ideas up and running.
Along the way, Startsville will be there to help all applicants develop a sound business model, construct a business plan, and refine their pitch.
More details to come!