Startup Hartsville Competition
The StartUp Hartsville competition application is now live!
Here’s how to get started:
- Read the complete Rules and Regulations.
- Read the Participation Overview.
- Attend an optional Participant Workshop at Startsville to ask questions or get help.
- Apply here! The deadline to apply is April 8, 2018 at 11:59PM.
The StartUp Hartsville competition offers funds and other incentives to help local entrepreneurs establish their own businesses in Hartsville.
Businesses eligible for the competition include ideas for new startups, franchises, re-locations of existing businesses from other communities, as well as established Hartsville businesses looking to significantly expand into additional business concepts.
The competition has been run for three years in a row and we are excited for year four!
StartUp Hartsville is an entrepreneurial startup competition for the purpose of generating business growth in Hartsville. At the same time, the competition provides regional entrepreneurs a means to advance their desire to expand or open a new business. Business concepts eligible for the competition include:
- New start-up businesses
- An expansion or relocation of an existing business from another community
- A significant expansion of an existing local business that would branch into an additional business concept
- and more! Be creative and pitch something great.
Application and Selection Process Overview
- Applicants will fill out a detailed online form describing their business idea.
- Five finalists will be selected to develop and submit a formal business plan.
- Each finalist will pitch their business to a panel of judges.
- The judges will award cash prizes and services to help get the most promising ideas up and running.
Along the way, Startsville will be there to help all applicants develop a sound business model, construct a business plan, and refine their pitch.